Interested in Becoming a Hygienist?
Join our team!
Howard Family Dental (HFD) has been serving Savannah and the Low Country for over 35 years. Howard Family Dental was named the Best Dentist in the Coastal Empire by the Savannah Morning News! Our patients and our team are part of our family. HFD is also part of a larger family – Mortenson Dental Partners.
- Personally strives to delight patients and families by creating a kind, gracious, and caring environment.
- Helps ensure efficient and profitable operations by seeking patient referrals, maintaining equipment, utilizing supplies cost effectively, and posting patient charges accurately.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Promotes a “team first” attitude by demonstrating positive and caring relationships and communication with coworkers.
- Follows CDC and OSHA guidelines for safety and infection control.
- Provides necessary information in the form of x-rays, verbal communication, and other dental tests to help dentist diagnose dental treatment.
- Performs comfortable periodontal evaluation, general scaling, deep scaling, and root planning for all patients.
- Completes all clinical notes according to practice guidelines before dismissing patient.
- Dental Hygiene Certificate / Degree from an accredited dental hygiene program
- Active dental hygiene license issued by the state board
- Computer, copier, fax, telephone
We offer a generous benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer life insurance, short- and long-term disability, FSA/HSA accounts, 401k, paid time off, bereavement leave, jury duty pay, 6 paid holidays, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and an Employee Assistance Program.